Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Angels of Assisi Film Screening: Beyond the Myth
Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:00 PM (EST)
Beyond the Myth: A Film About Breed Discrimination
Unfairly known as violent killers, Pit Bulls have suffered from the stigma of negative media coverage that has lead to city-wide bans across the country. This breed-specific legislation has torn pets away from families, and killed thousands of innocent dogs in cities like Denver, Miami, Cincinnati, and San Francisco.
The film investigates the myths associated with these breeds, challenges the idea that they are inherently vicious, and presents eye-opening research regarding the media’s role in influencing people’s opinion on dog attacks.
Stripping away the preconceptions to show the loving companions they can be, Beyond the Myth is an important, must see film for all dog lovers.
Other important details:
1. Adoption Special with ticket purchase: 50% off adoption fee, excluding puppies
2. We're also holding a donation drive at the event for the shelter as well. We can always use dog and cat food, toys, leashes, collars, and litter!
3. NEW DEVELOPMENT! We have just gotten word that Laura McCallum Heaslip Montgomery will be bring RescueArtWorks including crafts, dog clothes, jewelry, collars, leashes, and Rumor has it also that the ever fabulous BiscuitWeavers will be there with more stuff for purchase as well! Be sure to bring some extra spending money!
When & Where
Angels of Assisi
With community support, accomplishments to date include:
- 75,000 low cost spay and neuter surgeries
- 6,500 low cost wellness visits
- 3,500 feral cat sterilzations
- 5,000 adoptions
- 800 animals rescued from puppy mills, animal control seizures, and hoarding cases
Our mission is to educate the public that companion and farm animals are not objects for human use but are living, sentient creatures deserving respect and kindness.